It's me, Samantha! Don't you... Did you suffer amnesia? Is that it? Let me make a phone call, we'll get everybody together, we can talk maybe you'll remember something. The important thing is that they know you're alive.
Events of Bloodlines
Samantha has been searching for the fledgling for an indeterminate amount of time, starting prior to the game's events. After completing the quest Dead Ex, she will confront the fledgling in Hollywood, beside herself with shock and relief. She says she will contact their friends and family. Not preventing this results in a Masquerade Violation and Samantha will continuously follow the fledgling until dealt with.
There are numerous ways to prevent this.
- Feed on her before she makes the call.
- Kill her before she makes the call. Humanity Lost
- Persuade her to drop it and go back home. This results in Masquerade Redemption.
- If Ventrue, Dominate her.
- Intimidate her. If the required skill is not high enough, the Beast will take over and kill her.
- If Malkavian, use Dementation to convince her the fledgling is in fact her pet turtle.
- Distracting abilities such as Hysteria, Trance, Brain Wipe, and possibly Nightwisp Ravens, can also be used to prevent her making the call.
- If Nosferatu, the fledgling will not encounter her at all.
- Scare her by doing a criminal violation. Shoot anywhere or hit her/someone nearby. Before she talks to you or before she makes a call. This results in Masquerade Redemption.
- If the fledgling allows Samantha to make the phone call, she will call someone named "Jenny", presumably another friend or family member of the fledgling.
- In the original manual for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, the story mentions that the fledgling apparently disappeared from a "seedy club" around the Sunset Strip in Hollywood after being seduced by their deceased sire. This is the reason Samantha is there.